||  |
||Saint Johns, New Brunswick, Canada
||Fort Fairfield, Maine, USA
||19 May 2016 |
||Amelia Smith, b. Abt 1785 |
|>||1. Ebenezer Bolstridge, b. 1815, England , d. 29 May 1896, Ashland, Aroostook, Maine, USA |
|>||2. Frederick Bolstridge, b. 1815, England , d. 27 Jun 1877, Limestone, Maine, USA |
|>||3. Jane Bolstridge, b. 1816, England |
| ||4. James Bolstridge, b. 1817, England |
| ||5. William Bolstridge, b. 1818, England |
| ||6. Joseph Bolstridge, b. 1819, England |
- Transcript of New England families, genealogical and memorial (Vol 1 Part 1 Page 191 (Bolstridge Line)
The Bolstridge Line
(I) James Bolstridgc was born in Bristol, England, died at St. John, New Brunswick, about 1822. He came to this country about 1819, settling at St. John. He married a Miss Smith.
Children, order of birth not given:
i. Fred, died in Limestone; married Catherine McDougall, of Fort Fairfield, Maine.
2. Jane, died at Maysville, Maine; married William Fields, a farmer of Maysville.
3. Ebenezer,mentioned below.
4. James, died young.
5. William, died young.
(II) Ebenezer Bolstridge, son of James Bolstridge, was born in Bristol, England, in 1815, died at Ashland in 1S9S. He was four years old when his parents came to this country, and he settled in Ashland when he came of age, residing there the remainder of his life. He was a lumberman. In politics he was a Democrat, and he was a member of the Church of England. He married Amelia Bradley, born at Long Reach, near Tobique, New Brunswick, in 1S17, died at Ashland in 1855, daughter of Henry Bradley, born in New Brunswick about 1792, died there about 1848. Henry Bradley was a farmer ; he married Abigail Freeman; children; Henry; Angus; Sarah, married Jacob Sailor ; Mary ; Amelia, married Ebenezer Bolstridge. mentioned above ; Dorcas, died young. Children of Ebenezer and Amelia ( Bradley ) Bolstridge, born in Aroostook county, Maine:
i. Martha Jane, born September 12, 1836, died young.
2. Rachel Ann, borna pril 5, 1838; married George Bolstridge, who served three years in civil war and Iived at Fort Fairfield. 3. William Henry, born August 5, 1S39, died in Minnesota; married Mary Bean, of Minnesota.
4. Albert, born February 18, 1841 ; married (first) Martha Bragdon, (second) Minnie Bragdon.
5. Eleanor M, born October 31, 1S42; married Charles Matheson, of Masardi, Maine, an innkeeper and farmer ; she died in Montana.
6. Frances K., married Nathan Winslow (see Winslow VIII).
7. Victoria A., born September 12. 1845; married Israel West. 8. Ebenezer, born April II, 1847; married Lucinda Metcalf. of Masardis; he is a farmer at Ashlane Maine.
9. Amelia, born September 12, 1S48, died young.
10.Fred C, born October 22, 1850; married Ida Bragdon: he is a farmer at Portage Lake Maine
11. Rufus L born Oct 19, 1852; was a storekeeper in .Minneapolis,died in 191l, in Masardis. unmarried.
12. Celestia, born September 18, 1S54; married Roscoe Noyes, uf Crystal, Maine,Where they live.
13. .Angus, born March 26, 1856, died aged twenty years.
- [S196] GedCom Bolstridge Maine, Ronald Lee Bolstridge, ( Ancestry.com;).
- [S686] information Provided by lisa bolstridge,ecenarro.
Source Medium: Email
FOR CREDITS AND MUCH MORE INFORMATION This Webs
© 1993 - 2010 Martyn Parsons, Tipton, Staffordshire, England
Last Updated on
27 August, 2010
This site powered by
TNG ©, created by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2005.